Location: Mason, Ohio and Chicago, IL
The Machine Operator is responsible for maximizing the productivity of the customer’s assigned line. Will troubleshoot, repair, and improve all process equipment of the line. Will participate in the installation of new equipment and process improvements. Member of a travel team.
Status: Full Time Hourly Employee w/ full benefits package/ $15.00 per hour
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operation and some maintenance/preventative maintenance of blow-molding and injection molding equipment and downstream equipment, conveyors, leak testers and palletizing equipment on assigned line.
- Understands, follows, and enforces all established safety, health, quality, company policies, procedures, and recognized practices. Maintain work area to acceptable safety and housekeeping standards.
- Make process adjustments to product based on statistical data and product quality to fall with in quality limits.
- Make frequent on time quality checks on products being produced from established quality standards.
- Document all downtime and methods used to get the line operational again.
- Must perform the following duties as needed: color changes, screen changes, change blow needles, set the depth of a reamer, make minor adjustments to the label basket, change trimmer buckets, hang molds, assist in a complete line changeover including downstream equipment, change grinder blades, establish and document blender weights for set-up, make minor program changes, change filters in the vacuum system, change knockout rods, clean molds and mold vents, replace air and water hoses, rebuild blow cylinders, rebuild nozzle cylinders, replace tabs on conveyors, clean vacuum on trimmer, replace belts on trimmer, clean glue heads on box machine, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance activities as required.
- Assist with relieving Production Specialists for breaks.
- Maintain open lines of communication to foster teamwork and proper understanding of requirements.
- 100% travel required.
- Other duties as required.
Critical Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Production and Processing: Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical: Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Mathematics: Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and their applications.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Handling and Moving Objects: Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials and manipulating objects.
- Controlling Machines and Processes: Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
- Safety and Security: Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective safety for the protection of people and property.
- Communicating with Supervisor, Peers, or Subordinates: Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, and or in person.
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings: Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment to detect or assess problems.
- Judging the Qualities of Things, Services, or People: Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material: Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Tools: Personal protective equipment (PPE) (hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toed boots, gloves, etc.).
This position requires the individual to have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Minimum of one (1) year in manufacturing preferred.
Minimum of one (1) year forklift experience preferred.
Working Environment and Conditions:
Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required:
- Be able to communicate verbally and in writing and take direction.
- The employee is frequently required to be in a stationary position.
- The individual will be performing physical activities that require considerable use of the arms and legs and movement of the entire body involving things such as lifting, balancing, moving, stooping, and handling of materials.
- The employee will regularly operate heavy machinery and use eye-hand coordination. The employee is frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Note: The duties and responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements. The Employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
*Interested applicants, please send resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
D-Riven Engineered Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer