Injection Machine Specialist position requires the ability to recognize and solve diverse engineering problems with all products building an injection molding system, with advanced knowledge and skills in more than one of the following areas: hydraulics, mechanics, or electrical assemblies. MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL.
Pay Rate: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
Location: Northern California
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Moves and relocates machines.
- Supports rebuild and commissioning of systems.
- Conducts full evaluation of the efficiency, speed, and part quality of a complete system process from pellet to pallet.
- Assumes complete ownership of injection molding systems from pellet to pallet.
- Solves diverse engineering problems with all products building an injection molding system.
- Confers with engineers to implement operating procedures and resolve system malfunctions.
- Maintains mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Submits continuous improvement initiatives towards product or process.
- Oversees start-up and troubleshoots mechanical equipment. Reads and interprets electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical drawings.
- Troubleshoots and repairs injection molding systems, including molds, machines and related auxiliary devices such as resin handling and conditioning equipment.
- Oversees production of PET Preforms.
- Oversees complete welding and fabrication projects as needed.
- Works with vendors as needed for start-up, improvement and modifications of equipment – technical specialist.
Skills & Requirements:
- Working knowledge of moving and relocating of machines.
- Ability to recognize and solve diverse engineering problems with all products building an injection molding system.
- Ability to develop a high level of troubleshooting at a Sidel/Husky technician level to be able to resolve complex issues and pass down the knowledge to other technicians.
- Proficiency in reading manufacturing instructions, manual and technical schematics (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic).
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints, electrical schematics, hydraulics, and engineering/mechanical drawings as required.
- Proficiency in using, replacing, and maintaining basic tooling. Experience in operating forklifts, cranes, and other powered equipment.
- Possesses strong mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and power transmission troubleshooting. Intermediate troubleshooting electrical components.
- Strong problem solving and customer-relation skills.
- Ability to lift minimum of 35 lbs.
- Maintains a safe and effective work area/environment and uses appropriate personal protective and safety equipment.
- Adhere to all quality and safety codes.
- COVID-19/Social Distancing awareness is critical.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
- May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours, as necessary.
- MUST BE WILLING AND ABLE TO TRAVEL.
Required Experience and/or Education:
- Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
- Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeship, or the equivalent experience in related field.
- Years of Experience: 5 years or more experience working with Injection Press.
Interested applicants, please send resume’ to Brendab@d-riven.com
D-Riven Engineered Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: The duties and responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and requirements. The incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.