The Industrial Machine Mechanic maintains and repairs factory equipment and other industrial machinery, such as conveying systems, production machinery, and packaging equipment. This is a full-time hourly position. Pay: $18.00 – $26.00 per hour. Occasional travel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Knowledge and use of technical manuals to understand equipment and controls
- Disassemble machinery and equipment when there is a problem
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components
- Perform tests and run initial batches to make sure that the machine is running smoothly
- Detect minor problems by performing basic diagnostic tests
- Test malfunctioning machinery to determine whether major repairs are needed
- Adjust and calibrate equipment and machinery to optimal specifications
- Clean and lubricate equipment or machinery
- Move machinery and equipment
- Complete work according to written and verbal instructions and procedures in a safe and timely manner
- Operate company vehicles to include but not limited to, leased vehicles, hoist, and forklift
- Ability to travel to different locations, both locally and overnight
- Perform other duties assigned from time to time by management team
Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills
- Experience in the mechanical maintenance trade which is typically found in four-plus years of working experience as a millwright or related occupation which includes a broad scope of mechanical maintenance responsibilities
- Experience in the application of plumbing techniques and principles, all types of welding techniques and principles, vibration analysis techniques, measurements, test equipment and software in troubleshooting and/or maintaining rotating machinery, and the application of pump/motor overhaul techniques and principles
- Correct use and care of power and hand tools and their safe operation, knowledge of carpentry techniques to build supports for the repair and overhaul of machinery
- Demonstrated skill in using a computer and associated software
- Demonstrated skill in the use of troubleshooting equipment, machinist measuring techniques and tools and the operation of mills, lathes, and drill presses
- Skilled in working with diverse group of individuals in varying occupations and varying skill levels
- Skilled working in a team environment
- Manual dexterity. Must have a steady hand and good hand–eye coordination when handling very small parts.
- Mechanical skills. Knowledge and use of technical manuals and sophisticated diagnostic equipment to figure out why machines are not working. Must be able to reassemble large, complex machines after finishing a repair.
- Troubleshooting skills. Must be able to observe, diagnose, and fix equipment and machinery.
- Safety. Must follow safety precautions and wear protective equipment such as hardhats, safety glasses, steel-tipped shoes, and hearing protectors.
Required Experience and/or Education:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two (2) or more years of experience as an industrial mechanic
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand- held measuring tools
- Must have experience in maintaining and repairing processing equipment and heavy equipment
- Basic computer skills required to use maintenance software to track and log maintenance costs
- Proficiency with Microsoft word and Excel a plus
- Knowledge in equipment reliability and preventative maintenance preferred
- Required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, sit and climb or balance
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds, and frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to tolerate conditions associated with no air conditioning or heat
Note: The duties and responsibilities listed above area intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and requirements. The incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Join our growing team at D-Riven Engineered Solutions, an engineering solutions company.
D-Riven has an excellent benefits package, offering health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance to its employees. We are looking for people who are open to learning and growing
with our company, and who are flexible, competent, and positive.