As a member of the D-Riven team, you will be responsible to perform all the activities required to provide technical support to; rebuild, set up, maintain, troubleshoot, optimize, and repair injection molding machines focused on the PET preform process.
Approximately 80% travel within the Midwest USA region, with the remaining travel elsewhere in the USA. Some weekend work will be required.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Responsible for machine refurbishment including the installation and start-up of aftermarket service products.
- Strong electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic background.
- Resealing of hydraulic systems; including seals on clamps, valves, and injection units.
- Installation of pumps and motors.
- Ability to level a machine and a robot, to adjust nozzle concentricity, platen parallelism, and tie-bar stretch.
- Troubleshoot and make corrections as required to all control systems, hydraulic system, mechanical system, pneumatic system, electrical and electronic system, and the programmable controls.
- The ability to calibrate/fine tune the injection machine to achieve optimum performance.
- Develop an organized approach to solving machine problems by use of all available reference materials including manuals, drawings, procedures, etc.
- Repair and/or replace any component on the machine, robot, product handling equipment.
- Develop and maintain superior customer relations, co-ordinate and be a liaison with internal resources to ensure effective customer service, as well as provide telephone support to customer maintenance staff.
- Provide regular and effective written reports.
- Instruct service technicians and/or customer operators on the maintenance and safe operation of injection molding systems.
- Provide guidance and/or on-the-job training to junior team members.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to work with new and evolving technologies.
- Mechanically and electrically inclined with an in-depth knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical assembly, ability to use fine calibrated measuring instruments.
- Electrical/Mechanical Technologist or demonstrated competency through work experience.
- Knowledge and application of Husky injection molding technology.
- Knowledge of blueprints and schematics to troubleshoot electrical/electronic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems systematically.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated initiative-taker with a positive attitude.
- Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
- Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeship, or the equivalent experience in related field.
- Years of Experience: 2-4 years’ relevant experience.
Job Type: Full-time employee – company benefits – paid vacation
Pay: $28.00 – $30.00 per hour
Note: The duties and responsibilities listed above area intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not constructed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and requirements. The incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.